Where can I find your bacon products?
Currently, we sell our small-batch bacon and other bacon-y products online and at various events around Los Angeles. We are also working diligently to get our bacon into various retailers around the greater Los Angeles area (and beyond).
How do you make your bacon?
With a lot of TLC! But, technically speaking, we make our small-batch bacon by starting with fresh, all-natural pork belly. Next, we hand cure the pork with our own rubs and mixtures for at least one week. Then, we smoke the pork belly with hickory wood (which makes everything taste better). Finally, we package the bacon and do our best to get it into your mouth as soon as possible.
Do you use nitrates in your bacon?
Yes, we do use nitrated in our bacon. But, did you know that nitrates cure the prok, give the bacon a bright color, and help bring out bacon's delectable taste? Plus, nitrates keep botulism bacteria from growing. Botulism in food = bad.
Where does your bacon come from?
We currently buy our pork belly from a family-owned farm in Iowa.
How are your pigs treated?
Our pigs are treated well. In fact, they are happy pigs. They vote in elections, get oil changes regularly, help people cross the street. But all joking aside, our pigs are raised without any antibiotics or growth promotants, and are never fed animal by-products. Their diets consist of all vegetarian ingredients: corn, soybean meal, vitamins, and minerals. The treatment and safety of all animals are important to us. For our bacon, we use pigs that are free to choose their own environment, enjoy stress-free socialization, and a bright, clean atmosphere.
Are your products gluten-free?
Yes. They are all gluten-free.
Are any of your products sugar-free?
Yes. The Spicy Pimento Cheese Spread and the Pork Nuts are sugar-free.
How can I use your products?
- Pork Bacon - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bacon makes everything better.
- Duck Bacon - It's perfect on a salad.
- Lamb Bacon - We like it in pasta or as a topping on a pizza. Fried rice, anyone?
- Couch Mix - The perfect snack...on the couch...while you're watching "Modern Family."
- Bacon Crack - Perfect in a salad or on top of ice cream. Try mixing it in popcorn or waffle batter, or just eat it plain.
- Pork Nuts - Add extra crunch to your salad. Or, just put them in your mouth.
- Bourbon Bacon Chutney - Great on top of a baguette with cheese or fruit. Make it the "B" in a BLT or throw it on your burger.
- Spicy Pimento Cheese Spread - Works great as part of an appetizer platter, or the main ingredient of a grilled cheese sandwich or mac n' cheese dish. Also great on burgers and in your Sunday morning eggs.
- Bacon Gold - Pop some popcorn in it! We also use it to make a vinaigrette for our salad (no, seriously).
How long do your products last?
- All Cast Iron Gourmet bacon (pork, duck, and lamb) lasts for two weeks in the fridge and two months in the freezer.
- Couch Mix lasts up to one month unrefrigerated.
- Bacon Crack lasts up to one month unrefrigerated.
- Pork Nuts last up to one moth unrefrigerated.
- Bourbon Bacon Chutney lasts up to one month in the fridge and two months in the freezer.
- Spicy Pimento Cheese Spread lasts up to one month in the fridge and two months in the freezer.
- Bacon Gold lasts for at least six months in the fridge and even longer in the freezer.